In this video we’re going to learn about the verb “get” which is a very useful verb in English and which you will hear a lot if you travel to an English speaking country.
“Get” is often used as a substitute for other verbs like…
- become – My English is getting better every day.
- buy – Can you get some milk?
- obtain – Let’s get some petrol.
- bring – Can you get me my glasses?
- receive – I got a dog for Christmas.
- catch – Let’s get the train.
- arrive – Call me when you get there.
- understand – I don’t get it!
- persuade – I got my brother to lend me £20.
- touch emotionally – That film really got me.